Friday, January 11, 2019

Back at School

It's official! We are back at school! It has been one long week and I still technically have today to get through. Don't get me wrong it's been a great week of learning and fun, but I have never been more excited to have a weekend to recover. This week seems to have been like a month. I hope all of your weeks have been great!
This year my goal for this blog is to post at the very minimum once a week (if not more). I have always loved the thought of a blog and how awesome it is that it's a virtual diary of sorts. Years from now I can come back and read about my days in room 303.
I wanted to share a victory I have had this week. I have one challenging student who for the past 83 days has not written her name. She just writes a bunch of lines and random letters. It has been frustrating to say the least. It's not just her name she hasn't learned any uppercase or lowercase letters as well. When I do assessments she just says any random letter that comes to her mind. WELL.... after 83 days of working with her (the days she was at school)... SHE CAN WRITE HER NAME (almost) hahaha. She has at least the correct letters they are just not in the correct order. I take that as a win!
As a go into this weekend ahead of me I am hoping to keep that victory in my mind so I can plan for next week with happy thoughts of all the possibilities.
Thanks for reading and I hope your weekend is blessed!
(This photo is from Tuesday when our reading buddies came to write goals for 2019.)

No comments:

Post a Comment