Monday, January 21, 2019

When Life Hands You Lemons

     I'm sure we have all heard that famous cliche... "When life hands you lemons... make lemonade."  That couldn't be more true for me this weekend (hang in there I promise there is teacher "stuff" in this post).  This weekend had such great possibility.  Originally we had planned to go to Los Angeles to go to Disneyland with some friends.  That changed Friday night when we had an opportunity to go look at a house (we are currently looking for our first home to buy).  We were planning on going to LA after viewing the house, however we had a change of heart and decided the "adult" thing to do would be to stay home and save some money.  We stayed home and our weekend continued on normally and was actually relaxing.
      Fast forward to Sunday... everything hit the fan.  We have been staying at my mom's house for a couple of months until we find a house we like and things went crazy yesterday morning.  Not with her but with her "husband".  Needless to say we made a quick decision and left her house in ONE DAY!   We moved everything out of her house and into my in-laws house.  I have never been more grateful for a three day weekend as I am right now.  With all that to say how I am making lemonade is by putting my all into my resources right now.  I have added on to a growing bundle I am creating for teachers.
     I know for myself as a teacher there are so many events, holidays, early dismissals, field trips, ect. that I have to remind parents about.  I started to create a Parent Reminder growing bundle with easy to use print outs of reminder notes to send home.  I have created a colored version as well as black and white.  This has been my way of relaxing on this MLK day.  It has been a whirlwind but I am so thankful that I have this day to unwind and relax.  I couldn't have imagined going back to work today right after everything happening yesterday.

     I am excited about this resource.  It has saved me so much time I just print out the one I need and make 7 copies.  It has been a lifesaver.  Below you can find the picture day parent reminders.  As I add more to the bundle price will go up.  I hope you all have a great Monday and have and amazing week.

Picture Day 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Parent-Reminders-4307065

No comments:

Post a Comment