Friday, January 11, 2019

Who is Alycia Ruiz?

Hello everyone out there in cyberspace! My name is Alycia Ruiz. This is my first ever blog post so I figured I would introduce myself. I have been married to my best friend for 3 and half years. I am a Christian woman and believe with my whole heart in having a relationship with our Heavenly Father. I am also a Kindergarten Teacher. A fun fact about me is that I teach in the same "school" I grew up going to. I say "school" because the name and location of changed since I attended, but it is still one in the same. My fourth grade teacher is now my colleague how crazy is that!? I have been teaching Kindergarten for 5 years now and have loved every minute of it. Growing up I have always wanted to be a teacher. I thought I would either teach 2nd grade or even junior high. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be a kindergarten teacher. I have also recently started being a health coach in January 2018.
I am born and raised in California. More specifically in the San Francisco Bay Area. For those who think we all surf here in California that DOES NOT apply to me. I actually have a fear of water. Another fun fact about me is I learned how to ride a bike at the age of 29. As a child I had a bike with training wheels it either broke or got stolen (I can't remember) and I just never got a new one.
Well, that's a short bio on me. My hopes for this blog is to share the life of a teacher with whoever is interested. I plan on sharing activities I use in the classroom as well as my life outside of school with healthy living and my adventures in my travels. Basically I plan on this being my journal. So if you want to follow along I welcome you.

No comments:

Post a Comment